Suicide Bereaved Network (SBN) Forum – CONDITIONS OF USE
SBN Forum is a safe environment where SBN members can make contact with similarly bereaved people to share support, views and helpful information.
In order to protect users of SBN Forum, SBN and the SBN Forum’s Administrators/Moderators, it is essential that all users of SBN Forum accept and comply with the following CONDITIONS OF USE. Use of SBN Forum will be taken as acceptance of these CONDITIONS OF USE.
Users are advised not to share personal contact information. You should only give your contact details to someone whose identity and claims you have verified and can therefore trust. Any user posting or releasing their own personal contact details, does so at their own risk.
Users posting a new thread are asked to choose the most appropriate category. If a thread is found to not be under the most appropriate category, an Administrator/Moderator may move it to a more appropriate one. Users are asked to not post the same topic under multiple threads and not to post using all CAPITAL letters. (In Internet ‘speak’, CAPITAL letters equates to verbally shouting and is considered rude.)
SBN Forum users MUST –
– be a Member of SBN.
– act in a responsible manner and have respect for other SBN Forum users.
– at all times, abide by the current CONDITIONS OF USE of SBN Forum.
– at no time, post or release through SBN Forum, the contact details of any other user.
– understand that they may be held legally responsible for the content of their submissions.
– understand that a user who violates or infringes on the rights of a third party shall be held solely responsible. SBN will not be held responsible for member-posted information that may violate copyright law or any other law.
SBN Forum users MUST NOT –
– post anything that is libellous, abusive, harmful, vulgar, harassing, hateful, racist, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, offensive, invading of another user’s privacy, sexist, of a sexual nature or otherwise objectionable.
Visual sexual references are strictly prohibited.
– send any form of ‘Spam’ to another user through the SBN Forum email system or by using information obtained from a user’s profile. Any user receiving unwanted or nuisance contact from another user should immediately inform the Administrators/Moderators.
– advertise any non-SBN sponsored event unless approval from SBN has been sought and granted by a SBN trustee or nominee on their behalf. Event is to include but not limited to any gathering, meeting, holiday or website.
– buy or sell products, offer items for sale, or link to personal items for sale.
– attempt to collect or store personal information about other SBN Forum users.
– copy and/or paste copyrighted material into a post. Information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than the member should not be posted on SBN Forum without the written consent of the owner.
– post anything relating to an ongoing or pending court case. Any such post may be in Contempt of Court.
The Administrators/Moderators, on finding messages that violate these CONDITIONS OF USE reserve the right, on behalf of SBN, to –
– amend or remove the message(s).
– terminate the membership of whoever posted the message(s).
– remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason without prior notification.
The Administrators/Moderators of SBN Forum reserve the right,
on behalf of SBN, to –
– monitor all messages/posts and to remove any objectionable material they find, as quickly as possible. It may, however, be impossible to review every message, therefore, users of SBN Forum acknowledge that all messages on SBN Forum are the views and opinions of their author, not the Administrators/Moderators (except for messages written by themselves) and hence the Administrators/Moderators will not be held liable.
– re-use any or all the content of any message posted on SBN Forum.
– modify the CONDITIONS OF USE of SBN Forum. The current CONDITIONS OF USE, at any time, shall apply retrospectively.
– remove any links embodied in messages/posts that form part of soliciting or advertising activity.
– delete any contribution, or take action against any account, where it is felt to be in the interests of the charity and its stakeholders to do so.
Failure to comply with the CONDITIONS OF USE may result in –
– a user’s message(s) being removed.
– a user being notified by the Administrators/Moderators that the CONDITIONS OF USE have been breached.
– a user being refused access to SBN Forum.
– an offending user’s service provider being notified of the infringement(s).
(The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.)
– the Administrators/Moderators using whatever information is available to them about a user, to stop any further such infringement(s). This may include informing relevant third parties about the infringement(s).
The decisions of the Administrators/Moderators are final and not subject to further debate either on or off the SBN Forum.
As the Forum evolves so too can the Forum Policy; this may be added to and amended as necessary.
I accept and agree to abide by these Conditions of Use.