Suicide Bereaved Network Membership Policy : Summary
Section 9 of our constitution governs the formal management of membership of the organisation. This states that full voting membership is open to people aged over eighteen who have been bereaved by suicide and who support the charitable aims (objects) of Suicide Bereaved Network. The charitable objects of Suicide Bereaved Network are:
(1) THE RELIEF OF THOSE IN NEED AND THOSE IN DISTRESS BY THE PROVISION OF EMOTIONAL SUPPORT TO PEOPLE AFFECTED BY SUICIDE BEREAVEMENT IN PARTICULAR BUT NOT EXCLUSIVELY BY THE DEVELOPMENT OF PEER SUPPORT SERVICES
(2) TO ADVANCE THE EDUCATION OF THE PUBLIC AND OF PROFESSIONALS IN SUICIDE BEREAVEMENT AND ITS EFFECTS FOR THE PUBLIC BENEFIT
BOTH WITH THE AIM OF RELIEVING AND REMOVING THE STIGMA ASSOCIATED WITH MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEMS AND SUICIDE.
People who have been bereaved by suicide often feel a need to translate their grief into positive action, and membership of Suicide Bereaved Network may be one way of doing this. Membership provides a way for people to benefit the organisation, informally by sharing experiences and ideas, and formally by voting in the Trustees. The membership policy:
- Membership is open to people aged over eighteen who have been bereaved by suicide.
- Allows members to vote at our AGM.
- Allows for (a minimum of 10%) of members to propose resolutions to be voted on by the full membership.
- Membership is currently free, and allows for free attendance at our AGM.
16th July 2018